How to clear your cache/delete Temporary Internet Files
If you are having trouble logging into our applications, clearing your cache/deleting Temporary Internet Files may help.
- Click the Chrome menu (three horizontal lines in the top-right corner).
- Select More tools > Clear browsing data, which will open a pop-up tab.
- Check the box next to "Cached images and files," as well as any other types of data you would like to delete.
- Click the "Clear browsing data" button at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Click the gear in the top-right corner.
- Select Internet Options. On General tab, click Delete button to go to Delete browsing history.
- Make sure the box next to "Temporary Internet files and website files" is checked.
- Click Delete button.
- Open FireFox.
- Open the Options dialog box:
- Press "Alt" button to reveal the pulldown menus at the top and click Tools > Options, or…
- Click the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner and then select Options.
- Select "Advanced" from menu (left).
- Select "Network" tab.
- In the "Offline Web Content and User Data" and "Cached Web Content" sections, click the "Clear Now" button.
- Open Safari.
- Click the Safari menu.
- Click Empty Cache.
- When asked if you are sure you want to empty the cache, click the Empty button.