2020 Virtual Teen Art Show
Teen artists in Washington County, Oregon are invited to submit one piece of artwork for the 18th Annual Beaverton City Library Teen Art Show.
The virtual show will be viewable from November 4-18, 2020.
- Sunday, Oct. 25 through Sunday, Nov. 1 - Artists submit their artwork virtually here: www.BeavertonLibrary.org/TeenArtShow
- Wednesday, Nov. 4 through Wednesday, Nov. 18 - The Teen Art Show is available for online viewing and for People’s Choice Awards voting.
- Wednesday, Nov. 25 - Visit the Teen Art Show website to view the winners of the People’s Choice Awards.
- All artists must be in grades 6-12 and have created the artwork themselves while in those grades.
- All artists must either live or attend school in Washington County, Oregon.
- Each student may submit one piece of art to the virtual show this year.
- Artists may submit one digital image of one piece of artwork to the show.
- Submissions must be accompanied by the following: artist’s name, grade, school (if applicable), medium, and title of work. The submission form also asks for contact information, but this information will not be shared on the show website.
- Art must be family-friendly as viewers of all ages may view this show. The library reserves the right to deny any piece of artwork; all artwork will be reviewed by staff before posting to the website.
- With a virtual show, artwork will be viewed only as a digital image, so you may want to research techniques for photographing the specific medium of your piece. We welcome submissions of artwork from any medium (i.e. photographs, sculpture, fiber art, paintings, etc).
- There will be four People’s Choice Awards. All visitors to the virtual show will have the chance to vote for their favorite pieces in each age division: Middle School (grades 6-8) and High School (grades 9-12). The winner in each division will receive a $75 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials; a runner-up in each division will receive a $50 gift certificate.
- An artist can win the People’s Choice Award a maximum of two years in a row.
- Encourage your friends and family to check out the virtual show and vote! Visitors can only cast votes on one visit, even if they return to the digital show multiple times.
- Prizes are sponsored by The New Friends of the Beaverton City Library.
- Artwork is for display only; no art will be sold.
- Artwork will remain on the website until the end of the show.
Use the hashtag #BCLArt20 when posting any photos of your artwork in progress on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. We would love to see your work in progress. Then be sure to tag a photo of the finished piece with #BCLArt20